Tribal Government Allocation of CARES Act Fund:
California tribes are proposing a simple 3-step formula that ensures a fair distribution of the $8 billion, provides a base distribution for every tribe in the United States, and meets Congress’ intent of supporting tribal jobs during this pandemic. The proposed formula addresses tribal government stabilization needs and provides direct relief to their expenses associated with containment and prevention of COVID-19.
Our 109 federally recognized tribal governments employ more than 63,000 people and contribute at least $7.8 billion to the State of California’s economy each year.
- Provide a $1,000,000 minimum distribution to each tribe to ensure that even the smallest tribes have funding to address their economic needs during the pandemic.
- Distribute $1,500,000,000 to each tribe pro rata based on each tribe’s enrolled tribal member population to ensure that larger tribes have additional funding to address their economic needs.
- Distribute the remainder of the $8,000,000,000 fund to each tribe pro rata based on economic impact, measured by total wages paid by the tribe and all of its wholly owned enterprises in 2019.
- TASIN comment letter on CARES Act_ FINAL
- CNIGA Letter to Treasury re COVID-19 Relief Fund Tribal - Final 2020-04-06
- CA GOP Letter to Mnuchin on Tribal Relief Fund
- CA TRIBAL CHAIR ASSOC- Revised Comment Letter re Tribal Assistance Fund - 04.08.2020
- Joint CA Tribal Leader letter on CARES Act Funding, April 9 2020
- AGUA CALIENTE Proposed Formula for Tribal Relief Fund 04072020
- PECHANGA TRIBE Ltr to US Treasury and US DOI (6April2020)
- SAN MANUEL BAND MISSION INDIANS_CaresAct_Comments_04072020
- SANTA YNEZ Letter re; CARES ACT Title VI Coronavirus Relief Act
- TORRES MARTINEZ - CARES Act Comment Letter
- YOCHA DEHE WINTUN NATION Supplemental Comment Letter to Treasury_Interior re CARES Act Impact